>So… yeah. In the interest of sanity, Alex and I realized that we didn’t have to kill ourselves getting our bedroom remodel done before July 1st. So you’ll have to wait a little longer for photos and ludicrous anecdotes.
Re: North Korea fueling missle: Alex made a hilarious metaphor yesterday–he said that North Korea is like the wimpy high-school nerd, and that the US is like the star quarterback, and North Korea just threw a superball at the US’s face. And it was an airball. Man, don’t tick off the quarterback. It’s just not smart.
In the meantime, here’s an update of what I’m thinking about:
- This is interesting: the Southern Baptist Convention‘s now officially teetotalling.
- Is this the most creative mom, or what? I want to be this cool.
- So, the Mavs lost. Sigh.
- Lego leaves the US! And believe it or not, they’re not moving things to Denmark–but to Mexico. Hmmm. What story did this appear directly above in my NPR RSS feeds? “Congress at Odds over Immigration Legislation.” Interesting juxtaposition.
- So… it didn’t even strike me until reading this Slashdot story that the controller for the new Nintendo console will be called the Wiimote. Causing any human speaking about it to sound either like they are incapable of pronouncing their “R”s, or that they find the thing so gosh-darned cute that they’ve got to use babytalk. Much as I’m gung-ho for Nintendo, this does cause me a small shudder.
- Bike Path… Train Station Replica… Public Restroom… Art Gallery. Weird.
- Fiction vs. Real Life. Fine line, isn’t it?
- Star Wars Transformers. Yeah, I’ve got some. No, not these particular ones. Yeah, they pretty much rock.
- Strongbad & Homestar on IT:“Your call is very un-portant to us.”
- Hilarious ad on home recording.
- Want to see how insecure RFID is? Build yourself a skimmer.
- Awwwwsome! Foster’s has a design blog!
- Online comic about copyright issues affecting a documentary filmmaker:
- More copyright humor goodness.
- Mac vs. PC ads: a review.
- I have changed one of my lifelong goals, learning the tango, to learning salsa. We get more salsa here in Tejas, anyhow. Pass the chips!
- Have a flag flown over the US capitol as a gift; ranges from $9-$20.