>Did you vote?
I did, and I have the sticker on my cheek to say so. I’ll not delve into the wild world of politics here, but let me say: I proudly voted for some R’s and some D’s, and I fervently hope that Texans never again have to choose between the lesser of six evils.
Awesome news: I’m going to be writing reviews for FantasyBookSpot! And “They” said that blogging and reading boingboing would get me nowhere… whoever “They” is… Anyway, there are two advance copy (say it with me: ADVAAAANCE COPY) graphic novels and a fantasy novel winging their way to me right now, courtesy of the USPS and FantasyBookSpot. (Thanks, Damon! And yes, Tihleigh, you hate me more than monkeys, I know.)
NPR reported last week that UK citizens are caught on closed-circuit camera on average 300 times a day–and the plan is to extend the cameras to be all-pervasive. I had no idea it was getting that way in England–reeeeeally makes V for Vendetta look timely (again), doesn’t it?
We leave for Los Angeles in two days!!! Eeek!
Linky-Loos For Your Reading Pleasure:
- In case I haven’t mentioned it before, Dooce is a comic genius. That, and a big fan of Star Wars costumes.
- PacMan pie chart. Genius.
- Painting of kid riding an AT-AT.
- Motion-capture sketches used to instantly create furniture in liquid plastic. I quote Gareth, “It’s something like this which reminds me I’m actually living in the 21st century.”
- BSG-themed Halloween comic. Oh, gosh.
- These are the cutest–er, SCARIEST–cupcakes. Ever. (Tihleigh, I want a report back that you already made these.)
- Great costume: going as the Patriot Act.
- Blockbuster’s online rental system is now fully integrated with in-store rentals. That way, if you want a new movie that night, just return a movie (either rented online or in-store) to the store, and immediately exchange it for another in-store movie!
- I [heart] the DCAU.