- One of the local public librarians honored me with the moniker “Rockstarr” today when I quickly re-did the Denton Reads bookmarks in a 2-color format (to lower printing costs).
- An ingenious way to display information: U.S. housing prices, adjusted for inflation, plotted as a roller coaster. (Thanks, Mark!)
- ALA Annual heads-up: D.C. offers a “National Treasure”-themed self-guided tour where you follow clues from the movie. Now there’s something that will really tempt my husband to accompany me in June.
- Also from ALA Direct: some great April Fool’s pranks.
- And on a personal note, one of my favorite graphic novelists, Ursula Vernon, was mentioned as a notable new novelist (of non-graphic note) in Library Journal!