- Reading audiobooks is not cheating. Read more here. (I know Auntie K’s going to back me up on this one.)
- We all knew that Joss Whedon is genius. Yet here he goes, proving it again, and this time in a freely-available-online comic!! Robots! Aliens! Snappy dialogue! Chick bands!!! The glory of it!
- Wait a minute…. scientists can be wrong? Gasp!
- Airplane rides… purple lighting… USB charging stations… mp3 playlists that stick with your travel account–nope, there’s nothing I don’t like the sound of on Virgin America’s new airline.
- I know you all read this already–most of you sent it to me. But just in case you don’t read Penny Arcade, here it is (“guybrarian” episode). (And for once, I actually don’t have to put a profane warning on this comic.)
- I know you don’t really care, but my left wrist hurts. Not five days after I told my dad that my chronic wrist problem from 1998 – 2004 had finally left after surgery. Dangit.
Oh right, the title of this post. The reason for it is that today, I am wearing (from head to toe):
- my usual spiky-hair edgy haircut
- my cool librarian glasses
- funky triangle/circle earrings
- lavendar button-down 3/4 sleeve shirt
- black “Book Club” t-shirt over that
- Vertigo and Batman logo buttons
- banned books bracelet
- “librarian” skirt (funk-i-fied by myself with librarian-themed appliques and some lace)
- awesome tall tall boots (similar to these, without the funky stitching)
The reason why I am wearing all this is three-fold (warning! another needless bulleted list ahead):
- We’re in another round of Gilmore-Girls-obsession, which always makes me want to dress like Lane (post-Mrs.-Kim) and listen to the Ramones.
- I have been listening to too much 1980’s punk on my sirius radio subscription in My New Awesome Ride (aka the Dreamsicle).
- We’re really, really low on work clothes at the moment. Our dryer is, well, not. (Drying, that is.)
I may post some punk-ish librarian photos, at that undefined future moment in time when I spend a full 24 hours uploading images from My Awesome Camera. Sigh.