>Things that Suck About Being An Adult
- Filing auto insurance claims.
- Filing taxes.
- Filing work paperwork.
- Generally, anything that has the word “filing” in it.
- Student loans.
- Generally, anything that deals with finances.
- Missing your parents, because you no longer live with them.
- Yardwork. Housework. Other forms of “work.”
- Calories showing up in physical form on your body.
Things that Don’t Suck About Being An Adult
- Staying up as late as you want.
- Watching any movies or TV shows that you please. Even The Simpsons.
- Eating cake for breakfast. (Except for the last point in the first section.)
- Living with a member of the opposite sex. Who isn’t your parent.
- Being friends with your parents–not because you have to, or you live with them, but because you love them and they are genuinely interesting, fun people.
- The fact that bills and housework signify that you are independent and master of your own home. (Even if you do have to pay for it and upkeep it.)
- Having the choice to go to school, or not.
- Being able to enter things like “awesome new games for the Wii” into the budget.
- Having a great job that I love, that is what I was trained to do, instead of all the wondering and worrying and preparing for my future. Dude, I am living my future.