>It was an early morning with a flight and time-change that made for a long day, but it was fun. Here are some highlights:
- realizing that Dr. Totten from UNT’s SLIS was in the TSA security line right behind me at DFW
- riding in a convertible through Beverly Hills, Mulholland Drive, Rodeo Drive, and Santa Monica with Greg, Cari, & Emma
- the resulting crispy shoulders (despite liberally applying 30 – 50 spf sunscreen four times)
- seeing dolphins playing in the waves at Santa Monica
- eating almond-chocolate-chunk ice cream on Santa Monica Pier
- photographing my favorite part of the Pier: glimpses of the waves beneath the boardwalk
- passing Kodak Theater and Groman’s Theater
- chatting with a librarian/vendor from Melbourne on the shuttle from LAX
- getting a tremendously-upgraded room at Residence Inn… and finding three closets and two balconies in it!
- finally staying in a hotel with free wifi
- eating at In-N-Out Burger (nod to Tihleigh)
- “talking” to Alex (still in Russia); he was IMing Robert, who called me, and we had an interesting three-way conversation
- sitting in my hotel room, getting annoyed at the loud upstairs neighbors… realizing there *is* no upstairs… walking outside and realizing it’s the enormously loud/huge fireworks at Disneyland… and laughing at myself
- (did I mention my room has three closets and two balconies? yeah, dude.)
- exchanging thunderstorm stories and befuddlement at the convention center entrance with a Library Journal exhibitor from NYC
- walking around the Convention Center… the looooong way
- being so tired from the long day and time change that I ate popcorn for dinner–thank goodness for Residence Inn’s kitchenette!
This isn’t even all of the selected photos from today…. but it’s a start.