This stack of magazines is a good summary of the kind of things I find awesome: OD-ness, nerding, geekery, girlie-ness.
- Real Simple: This magazine truly has it all: home decor, creative re-uses for common items, organization & cleaning tips, thoughtful essays, and affordable classic fashion.
- Smithsonian: History, science, art, and culture all in one spot. Perfect for getting my Indiana Jones fix.
- Wired: Geeky fun of all kinds, from pop-culture to thought-provoking. Even better, this issue has a story on DIY stuff.
- In Style: Purchased because Tina Fey is on the cover. I do love my girl Tina! Furthermore, there is the cover’s magical promise that this is “The COLOR Issue,” which means two things: 1) fashion spreads, and 2) COLOOOORRRRR! I’m all about that.
- Vogue: Purchased when I needed a little fashiony-artsy-fun pick-me-up.
Any of these glossy magazines is perfect for a lazy Saturday afternoon read while painting my toenails a shiny color. Mmmm, I can taste the cool green tea now.